Thursday, February 14, 2013

Helpful Holiday Suggestions on the Suggestive Holiday

Where I am, there's about an hour left of Valentine's Day.  If you're short on romantic ideas, consider having a picnic inside.  Bread, cheese, salads non-standard (such as potato, pasta or cucumber) or the normal kind, or just a large steak on a blanket.  Play nature sounds.  If you're feeling rich, serve sushi next.  Play ocean sounds.  This is my dream.




Or, for the Slavists, Orthodox Christians, Catholics, Indo-Europeanists and, perhaps, Slavs in your life, celebrate instead the Feast of Saints Cyril and Methodius, who Christianized the Slavs and created Old Church Slavonic, and are, apparently, the co-patron saints of Europe, as of 33 years ago.  This is neither my dream nor my reality.


Happy Valentine's Day.
Incidentally, the first image you get when you Google-Image-search "Cyril and Methodius cookie" is the same as when you simply search "Cyril and Methodius."  It seems like the kind of minor religious/historical event that might come with a pastry of a distinctive shape.  This is closest to my reality.  (My reality at the present moment involves half a cheesecake brownie.)



<3>

2 comments:

Jane said...

Your blog improves my life immensely.

Anonymous said...

Hey I am so glad I found your webpage, I really found you by error, while I
was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a fantastic post
and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome
work.

My blog :: social bookmarking service